Friday 11 December 2009

Installing more of "my" stuff

I always have a set of programs / utilities that makes my life easier. One of those is webmin (http:/www.webmin.com).

Just got a call from the wife asking if I need some beer. Oh, yum. Old Peculiar is a favorite right now ;) Although it may mean that my progress is a little slower tonight ;)

I deliberately left selinux and firewall on to see what problems I encounter. Trying to be security-conscious. However, now my webmin doesn't respond on port 10000. Time to add a rule, I guess.

Grr. Adding "iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 10000 -j ACCEPT" doesn't seem to make a difference. I know it's the firewall blocking, because "service iptables stop" allows a connection to webmin. Frustrating.

/me goes off to peruse the web for iptables :(

No comments:

Post a Comment